Kentucky KM-256 Artist F-model Mandolin - Transparent Brown
In 1922, mandolin designs began to change, as did the musical tastes of the time. The greatest Acoustic Engineer of the day began to develop designs that incorporated F-shaped sound holes instead of the Oval-hole designs that ultimately tightened-up the airy, woody nature of the traditional A-shape, and accentuated the treble frequencies often lacking in previous designs. All combined, these instruments offered the musician better balance and greater volume to meet the ever-changing musical styles to come. The Kentucky KM-256 Artist A-model Mandolin offers a professional quality instrument that is still affordably priced. All materials are hand-carved, with the tops and backs meticulously arched and graduated to achieve the correct balance of strength and lightweight rigidity for optimal tone.
- Solid carved Sitka spruce top gives you clean articulation and a crisp, bright tone
- Solid carved maple back and sides for extra punch
- Slim maple neck for comfortable, easy action
- Choice East Indian rosewood fingerboard ensures silky smooth playability
- High-gloss transparent brown lacquer finish provides a unique vintage look