In response to the demands of many contemporary-style mandolin players, the new KM-950 features a compound radius fingerboard with medium-sized frets for extremely comfortable, fast, and accurate playability for the fretting hand, and a scooped extension over the body making room for a more aggressive rhythm chop of the right hand, common to many pro-level players. Combined, the wider nut and overall fingerboard width, and bridge saddle spacing than traditional vintage instruments, this new A-model is made to play! In every other respect, the new KM-950 conforms to Kentucky's popular KM-900 with its hand-carved and graduated solid spruce top and hand-carved and graduated solid figured maple back, sides and neck assuring superb craftsmanship in every feature.
- Solid carved Adirondack spruce top provides you with superior note clarity and volume to spare
- Solid flamed Michigan maple back and sides ensure extra punch
- Slim maple neck for comfortable, easy action
- Radiused premium ebony fingerboard gives extra durability and striking good looks
- High-gloss lacquer sunburst finish for vintage look and appeal